Carrot tops are full of flavor and nutrition, so make this quick and delicious carrot-top pesto and serve with soups, roasted veggies, salads, or simply spread on toast!
上周末，我买了一大束在农贸市场。厂商总是问我是否要胡萝卜叶或他应该删除它们。而且我很喜欢，“当然！我想胡萝卜青菜呢！”我们没有看到太多的胡萝卜上衣食谱四周，他们是不是在任何餐厅很受欢迎，雷竞技newbee官方主赞助商子竞技比分网但任you can and you shoulddefinitely eat the carrot greens.
Uses for Carrot Greens | Carrot-top recipes
Carrot greens have a distinct earthy, sharp, and bitter taste which is why they are not as versatile as other leafy greens. The thicker part of the stem is also a bit tough and fibrous so I use only the feathery carrot greens and keep the stem for cookingvegetable stock.
Carrot-top pesto is my go-to recipe with carrot greens. It goes great with pasta,沙拉,汤, and alsoroasted vegetables. However, the fresh carrot greens can be used as herbs or salad greens or to make asalsa verde要么chimichurri.
Carrot Top Pesto
成分（1cup =240毫升; 1汤匙=15毫升; 1茶匙= 5ml）中
- 1cupCarrot leaves
- ¼cupPine nuts
- 2tbspOlive oilextra virgin
- 1tbspNutritional yeastoptional
- Black pepper去尝尝
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil if required.
Check the seasoning and transfer to a glass jar. Stays good in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Nutritional yeast adds a creamy cheesiness to the pesto but it is optional and if you don’t have it and/or if you are not vegan, go ahead with some parmesan or completely opt it out.
- Nutritional info is the approximate value for 1 tbsp of ½ cup pesto.
Health benefits of Carrot Leaves
- Carrot leaves have 6 times more Vitamin C than the carrot root! They are also a good source of Vitamin K, which is actually not there in the root per se.
- They are rich in Potassium and Calcium. It is the high amounts of Potassium in the carrot leaves that gives them a slightly bitter taste. Potassium helps control osteoporosis, lower blood pressure, and promote healthy metabolism.
- The greens are rich in chlorophyll, which is an excellent source of magnesium. Magnesium promotes healthy blood pressure, strong bones, and muscles.
How will you use carrot greens in your kitchen?
Connect with me
If you try this recipe or if you have any other recipe with carrot greens, I would really love to know. Tag your picture with#weekendkitchen on instagram要么connect with me onFacebook,Twitter, and/orPinterest. Or join our newest journey intoRecipe Videos.
Would love to start a conversation, share recipes, cooking experiences and food stories from India and around the world.